Thursday, October 29, 2009

3 months!


Its been 3 months since my surgery and boy do I feel great! I have lost 57 lbs and it shows. Even though I tried to fight it I just couldn't help myself...I had to go out and buy some new clothes. I went to a consignment shop first and bought a few articles of clothing there, so at least I didn't spend a lot of money. But then I got sucked into Target and ended up buying a few more pieces there, plus a coat. I wanted enough stuff to last me through the fall and hopefully the winter. It was actually fun to go shopping! It was great going through the smaller sizes. I can fit in a large size top now (although I bought my coat in an XL size to accommodate bulky sweaters underneath) and I can comfortably fit into size 16 pants! This is all so exciting to me! I can't wait until I'm no longer in plus size pants!

I'm still doing good with the eating part, although I have caught myself craving snack type food in the afternoon. I'm trying not to eat carbs like crackers or trail mix, but I find it hard. I try to pair it up with a protein like cheese, but its hard for me to resist the crunch. Its still too early for me to let those old habits find their way back into my life. I do not want to let that happen! So, my challenge has been trying to find smart and healthy snacks that will satisfy me in the afternoon between lunch and dinner. Besides that, I'm eating fine, getting in enough protein and fluids.

I've decided that I'd like to run a 5K in the spring. I've never run before and I don't know if I'll be any good at it but I'd like to try. I really think its something I can do. I need to start training for it now though so I'll be ready. I don't even know how to begin training but that's something I'm going to look up. Maybe I'll seek out a personal trainer at my gym? Nevertheless, I'd like to challenge myself to do this.

I know I"m still in the 'honeymoon' phase of this post-op period but I hope I continue to have this success and weight loss! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment