Wednesday, August 19, 2009

1 month and feeling great


Four weeks ago today I had my surgery. I cannot believe that a month has gone by! I feel great...I feel like myself again. I have a slight uncomfortable feeling from my upper left incision but that's it..no pain or real discomfort. I've lost 23 lbs in the last 6 weeks, 17 lbs since my surgery. I've read about people losing crazy amounts of weight their first month, like 30-35 lbs. Obviously, that's not me. I'm just so grateful to be where I am right now...to feel good and not have any issues or complications. I haven't had a problem with food at all, and that, I have to say, is surprising. I did SO much reading before my surgery so I could know what to expect and exactly what I needed to do. I expected not to tolerate much food and be nauseous and vomit. That hasn't happened to me once! Now, that's not to say that it won't happen in the future, but as of right now I've tolerated everything that's gone into my mouth. I'm very happy about that!

I've also really stepped it up with exercising. My goal is to go to the gym, or at least exercise, 4-5 days a week. I live so close to my gym so that helps out a lot. I basically use the gym for the treadmill only. I go in, do 40-45 minutes on the treadmill, power walking or a slow jog, and then leave. What I do need to start doing is toning up. I'm going to start using a DVD for that...lots of squats, lunges, and resistance band work.

I'm so glad that I feel so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment