Wednesday, August 5, 2009

2 weeks out


Its been 2 weeks since my surgery. Time really does go by fast! I have to say that I am really impressed with my progress. I think that I'm doing really well. Since my surgery I've lost 14 lbs, but since my 2 week pre-op diet I've lost a total of 20.5 lbs. I'm pleased with that and am not giving myself any sort of time frame to lose weight. As long as I'm eating right and exercising the weight will come off. I'm doing really well with food and protein. I'm tolerating all the soft foods that I've eaten without any problems...no nausea, vomiting, or upset stomach...none at all. I'm doing great at getting in all my protein too. Its true what I've read...at this stage its impossible to get in all the required daily protein through food alone. You have to use supplements if you even want to get close to the required amount (70 grams a day). I've been using a nectar protein in cherry flavor, a vanilla protein powder, unflavored protein to sprinkle in food, and the Atkins Advantage ready to drink protein. Without those I'd probably be malnourished.

Exercise is slowly working its way back into my life too. Last week I walked around the neighborhood three days. This week I actually made it to the gym for the first time in 10 months. I power walked for 30 minutes and then did the stationary bike for another 10 minutes. I felt good afterward! Its time to start going back there on a regular basis.

Slowly things are starting to change. My husband told me he thinks I look a bit smaller in my mid section. I don't see it but I thanked him anyway. I can't wait until I start to notice the weight loss in my clothes and when I look in the mirror. It will come in time. As long as I do what I'm supposed to do, the weight will come off!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That's a lot of lbs. in a short period of time...obviously that's why you did the surgery. Good luck keeping that off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear how you're doing, Raquel. My surgery was this past Monday (8/03) and it went well, without any complications. Yesterday was my first day at home, and I'm feeling stronger each day.

    Oh, and you inspired me to take some photos of my hospital stay. By no means glamor shots, but I did want to remember.

    Best wishes,

    Clara

    ReplyDelete