Monday, July 20, 2009

Never say Never

2 more days to go...wow! I went out to dinner with my husband last night. I've been trying to avoid this whole 'Last Supper' thing but it hit me yesterday. I just wanted to eat a 'normal' meal. We found a steakhouse and ate there. I wasn't a total glutton...I mean I didn't eat any more than I normally would have. We had a chicken appetizer, a Cesar salad, and I had a small 7 oz steak with mashed potatoes and a shrimp and crab gratan. It was good. I left full, that's for sure. It was probably the last time I would ever eat that much in one sitting. I'll never eat a plate of food like that again! Its crazy to say something like that...never. I always used to say "Never say never" but in this case its true. In the future I won't have the multi-course dinner we all get at restaurants. I won't indulge in an appetizer, a salad, the main course and wash it down with a soda. I look forward to being satisfied from a few bites of a nice, moist steak and a few bites of a vegetable or salad. That will be my dinner experience from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment