Monday, July 13, 2009

Trigger Foods


I've been reading some books about weight loss surgery and one book in particular discusses trigger foods and how important it is to remove them from your home. Trigger foods are those foods we all gravitate towards when we do our 'emotional eating'. For me, that emotion is boredom. I eat when I am bored and I eat in front of the TV. Its bad, I know. My trigger foods are pretty much every type of junk food you could think of...chips, cookies, cakes, etc. I know what my trigger foods are and when I'm most likely to eat them, so my challenge is to keep them out of the house and occupy myself during the day when I'm most likely to get bored.

So...we had company over this weekend and I bought dessert for after dinner. I was hoping we would eat it all that night so there wouldn't be leftovers...well, I was wrong. This yummy dessert has been staring at me for two days now and I had a moment of weakness and had some. Even though I'm supposed to be on Atkins during this pre-op period I caved and had some of this forbidden fruit. So now this dessert has to go...it has to leave this house now so I won't be tempted anymore. I'm sorry for my husband who also loves this treat and will have to see it discarded half eaten, but in the end it will be good for him too. If it is in the house we will eat it, no question! So...its time to get it out of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment