Friday, July 17, 2009

Test Day



Today I went to have all my pre-admission testing done. It was simple and fairly quick. I spoke with a nurse who drew my blood and did an EKG. Then I spoke with a nurse practitioner from the anesthesia group...and finally a chest x-ray was done all in one hours time. Everyone was so nice and wished me luck for my surgery on Wednesday. While taking my medical history (which is pretty much non-existant) the nurse practitioner kept commenting on how 'easy' I was. "This is so easy", she kept saying. I knew what she meant and it made me feel good to know how low-risk I am for surgery and anesthesia. Now all I have to do is wait for the phone call the evening before surgery telling me what time to report to the surgical waiting area.

No comments:

Post a Comment